Slug Re-Location!

Hi, there!

So, there's been a lot of slugs in my lawn. I'm against killing, or harming lil critters. I learned slugs like oranges, so I cut some open to make little domes.

I put the slugs in the domed out oranges, and re-located them to a different location that seemed shady, and a bit damp. As I was leaving, I noticed an ant population there, and ants hate oranges.

So, I went back, moved the slugs, and oranges a few feet away from where the ants seemed most prevalent. I noticed in the area, I saw absolutely no other slugs!

This has me a bit worried that I chose a bad location for them, and that I've doomed them even worse. :(

I live in British Columbia in Canada, so it does rain A LOT here.

Does it seem like I did the right thing, or did i end up just damaging an eco-system?

Outside United States

Thank you for your question. I doubt that your actions have endangered the species, although somewhat bizarre! All we can do is to make recommendations based upon scientific research. We really can't comment on this rather type of benign pest control. Here is what research says: http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7427.html

Good luck!