Marley the Windmill palm

Hello everyone I had a question about my windmill palm it seems as if it is pushing up out of the ground ,and in the wind is getting loose and starting to move back-and-forth I don’t know if anybody would have any answers about how to resecure this tree I was thinking maybe I should try to dig it up and take some soil off the bottom and re-planted a bit lower but that would be quite an undertaking anybody have any suggestions by the way the palm tree is growing fabulously and for the first time it’s actually putting out fruit very interested to hear anybody’s input on how to remedy this problem if you contact me I’ll be happy to send you pictures.

Monmouth County New Jersey

Hi Marley,
I would need to know how large your palm is to best offer advice. Additionally I'm assuming it is potted as they are only hardy in zones 8+. Thus, what size pot is it presently in? Perhaps if you were willing to also send a pic it would be helpful.
All the best,
Leslie

Hello Leslie
Surprising to find out but this windmill palm has been planted outside we build a little tent for it over the winter and provided with some Christmas lights and heat lamp and a thermal cube to turn on the lights to provide heat during the winter to our surprise or after unveiling the spring we were very happy to see that Marley was actually pushing out what appears to be fruit or seats were not entirely sure what it is maybe in the pictures that I will send you you will be able to determine that I’m very happy to hear that you have responded and We are very eager to remedy this current unstable rooting challenge with our palm we really enjoyed this tree very very much and we are so happy to see it every year during the summer please find some accompanying pictures thank you so much...

Hello Leslie

Here are some additional pictures,
Just to mention when this windmill palm was planted the soil in which it went in was a very hard consistent soil and a whole was dug out it was not soft and was compacted don’t know if this might help with trying to figure out a remedy thank you again so much

In my humble opinion, it looks like it is receiving too much water and subsequently uprooting itself. I would recommend replanting it, adding a fair amount of sand to the soil to ensure adequate drainage. Your plant should not be damaged during the process (windmills are fairly tough). I would also suggest staking the palm until the roots take hold. And yes, what you are seeing are seeds. I would try collecting a few and planting them! Keep me posted as to how your plant fairs.
All the best,
Leslie

Hi Leslie thank you so much for your response we will take your advice and arrange for a tree spade to come to our property to remove Marley from the ground gently of course rework the hole with some sanding and re-plant him a little bit lower with adequate means of drainage for his planting site once again we are so thankful for your advice we will keep you updated to Marley’s progress have a wonderful summer thank you so much

It was my pleasure. Best of luck, Leslie