English Ivy Quandry

My neighbor has English Ivy that borders my property line. How do I prevent it from coming into my yard and how do I get rid of the Ivy that keeps crawling into my yard? I have heard of digging a trench and putting a solid barrier to block roots. How far would I need to go down if this will help? I've also heard of using white vinegar. Are these suitable ways to block and kill ivy?

Macomb County Michigan

Ivy seems grow quickly and some see it as invasive. You may need removal several times on your property line. Ivy is an evergreen perennial which grows quickly once established. Since the root is established on the other side of your property, you can’t dig and destroy. These procedures for destroying the ivy as found in an Oregon article, “Because English ivy grows even during the winter, you can apply systemic herbicides like triclopyr and glyphosate any time of year as long as the temperature is above approximately 60 degrees.” Use the herbicides according to the instructions is best. You many need to re-apply throughout the year. https://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/english-ivy-invasive-weed-pacific-northwest