Unhealthy trees

I live in a semi rural area. Many pine (spruce) are turning brown, dying/dead in my area. One of my trees is getting brown. These are mature trees. Browning starts at bottom advancing up and starts at tip advancing inward. Is this a disease? I have been watering my tree since March? Thank you Ranae

Natrona County Wyoming

We have had a tremendous number of calls this spring about unhealthy looking spruce trees. I have been recommending watering deeply and infrequently. Water until the soil is saturated down 10 to 12 inches. You can dig a hole to see how deep the water has penetrated after watering. If it is going deep enough, note how long that watering too, then always water that many minutes. Then wait until the top inch or two of soil dries out before watering again.
I had one person that has been watering every other day already this spring which could cause root rot and then the plants can't take up water even though there is adequate water there for the tree. Be sure to allow time for the trees to use the water you have applied.
If you can send photos we can be more certain of the diagnosis.