Soil Amendments

I recently received soil test reaultd from my greenhouse and was pretty shocked at the results. This is new ground that was broken last year. My N-P-K ppm results were very low. N-7ppm, P-

Michigan

Hello. Could you please send me your code so I can check the results? Thank you.

Please see photo attached to this response. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hello. I am not familiar with this format for soil tests. Is this a personal area or commercial use? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure you get the best possible advice. MSU homeowner soil tests come with a CEC number and personalized recommendations. It is very unusual for MI soils to be low in phosphorous. Thanks for any further info.

This test was not completed through MSU Extension. It was completed through A and L laboratories out of Fort Wayne Indiana.

How do I go about completing the MSU soil test and how long does it take to get results? Also, I am a commercial grower, I don’t know if that makes a difference.

There are different resources available through MSU for commercial growers than homeowners. I suggest you contact the Soil and Nutrient Lab at MSU through their website spnl.msu.edu. The phone number for the lab is also on that website. I hope this info helps.