Weed herbicide question.

MD Extension: I have 2 questions: 1. I want to control numerous patches of common chickweed in my fescue lawn. I have Alligare Triclopyr-4. Chickweed is not specifically listed on the label but the Extension's suggested options for control includes 2,4-D, MCPP and triclopyr. Is Triclopyr as effective for this use? 2. The Extension recommends herbicides containing Fenoxaprop-ethyl for suppression of Bermudagass. Acclaim's ingredients includes fenoxaprop-ethyl and Phenoxy/propinate (7%). Fusilade II contains Phenoxy/propinate (24%). Are Feoxaprop-ethyl and Phenoxy/propinate comparable and effective? Thank you, Larry

Frederick County Maryland

Chickweed - There are several herbicides including triclopyr that are listed for control of chickweed. You will have to look at the label of the product, active ingredient, and look for the weeds that it controls. Follow label directions for the product that you choose.

Fenoxaprop - There may be several concentrations listed on the label of various products. You cannot go by the % of active ingredient. Dilution rates are different in each product. Follow the label, dilution rates, and listed weed of the product that you choose. We do not have research on all products.

Marian

Much appreciated!