Tiger Lily seeds

Greetings, I have about 10-12 Tiger Lily seeds that I've kept in my freezer from last summer. I got them while helping to clean up a community garden in Ely MN. How should I plant them? Can I just put them in my raised bed? I live outside of Portland Oregon. I don't have any fancy dancy potting soil mix for seed starting. thanks!

Multnomah County Oregon

Tiger lilies are captivating flowers. They can be a bit of a challenge to grow, because they need a cold treatment to germinate, and take a while until they flower, usually 3-5 years. They also don't like being disturbed once in place. Planting seeds in the fall is recommended so the seeds get the cold period they need to germinate. The seeds should then germinate in the spring, but may need an additional year. Leave in the pot until the following year, then transplant into the permanent location that fall.

Plant seeds into a moist well-draining sterile seedling mix . Put them outdoors but in a protected spot so they can experience the cold period they need, but are protected from harsh winter storms.

Tiger lilies prefer a partial shaded spot and perennial cover to keep the roots cool and moist. Soil should be very well draining. If your soil is not well draining plant the lilies in a bed raised above the soil line. A good mix is high in organic matter, with perhaps perlite for extra drainage. Once established they will flower for many years if not disturbed during the growing season. This article has additional information. Tiger Lily https://extension.umaine.edu/blueberries/weed-images/herbaceous-broadleaf-weeds/redorange-flowers/tiger-lily/.