Planting blueberry plants.

We recently purchased blueberry plants from a nursery. I do believe they are 2-5 years old. We brought them back to our farm and just put them in the greenhouse. (Mistake on our part) The guy said give it 2 weeks before planting. We had a few hot days and from them sitting in the greenhouse (which got very warm) they now all have green buds all over them. Can we still plant them into the ground? Or will it end up killing the plants going from greenhouse tempts to regular outdoor temps? I hope this makes sense. We live in northwest Indiana and really wanted to get our blueberry plants in the ground and didn’t expect them to come out of their “dormant” stage. (Newbies here)

Pulaski County Indiana

It depends on how advanced the "green buds" you mentioned are. You could move them outside the greenhouse daily and move them back in if the night temperatures are expected to get below freezing. That will help slow their development. Early shoot and flower bud growth on blueberries would tolerate cool temperatures, but you don't want to risk damage.

If that is not practical in your situation, then I think the best thing to do is to leave them in the greenhouse until all risk of frost/freezing temperatures are past. That will be another 2 to 4 weeks. After you are confident it won't frost again, you can plant them.