Weed killers for monkey grass

I have some monkey grass that I planted in a high shade area and it is filling in nicely. Last year my guy that sprays for weeds skipped over that because he wasn't sure if it was OK to use his normal weed killer on it. Before I call him, I thought I would check and see what you recommended. Thanks for your help.

Garfield County Oklahoma

Monkey-grass (lily-turf, Liriope) is not a true grass so you have to be careful what you use. The types of weeds to be controlled will determine what to use. If you have grassy weeds growing in your monkey-grass you can use a product that contains fusilade (fluazifop-P-butyl) or sethoxydim as a spot spray or over-the-top spray to control the grasses and not harm your monkey-grass.
Existing broadleaf weeds will need to be pulled by hand; there is no over-the-top herbicide spray that can be safely used to kill broadleaf weeds in monkey-grass and not harm the monkey-grass. Pre-emergent herbicides could be used in monkey-grass to control weed seeds from germinating. Knowing what weed species you are trying to control and when the seed germinate is important to get good control. Of course be sure to read and follow all label directions.