Data on farm land values and lease pricing

Greetings, we are looking at purchasing a farm in Canby, oregon Clackamas county. Do you have any data on general farm land values per acre and also any data on farm lease rates in that area? The farm we are looking at has: Newberg fine sandy loam 6.3 acres; 18 acres cloquato silt loam 0 percent slope. The property we are looking at is 28 acres with fairly senior water rights (1965) out of the Molalla river. Full, underground irrigation including several acres of drip.

Clackamas County Oregon

Many considerations that come into play when calculating land values including infrastructure and equipment on the property. For land values per acre I recommend checking with real estate agents in the area.

According to the USDA National Ag Statistics Survey in 2019 the average rental rate for irrigated crop land in Clackamas County was $231 per acre. This is for all of Clackamas County. https://quickstats.nass.usda.gov/results/30FDDDFB-92FF-3472-B6BB-12B20AF71D68 The range in the Canby area is from $200-$500 per acre for irrigated non-organic crop land.

Email me at heidi.noordijk@oregonstate.edu and I can send you an FAQ on How Much Should I Lease My Land For.