What herbicide, if any, works best to kill the Siberian Scilla?

Jackson County Michigan

Siberian scilla or squill (Scilla siberica) is an introduced herbaceous perennial species that is in the Hyacinth family. It can reproduce both by seeds and root fragments, though likely the primary means is by bulbets. It is most noticeable when producing blue-purple flowers with six petals either singly or in small clusters in the early spring. It was originally brought here as an ornamental but has escaped cultivation in many cases and become invasive (though it is not listed as an invasive species in Michigan).

There is no published information (that I found) on successful control of this species in the literature. It is however related to star-of-Bethlehem, another member of the Hyacinth family, so I suspect similar controls may work. For star-of-Bethlehem, the best option to try in a lawn would be a product with sulfentrazone as the active ingredient, such as Ortho Nutsedge Killer for Lawns. Be sure to follow the label directions and not apply this product in ornamental beds. Multiple applications will likely be needed.

If this infestation is not in a lawn, please let me know more information about the area.