What can I plant to hang down a retaining wall?

Hello. I have a six foot retaining wall. I'd like to plant something at the top that will eventually grow down to cover the wall. Can you suggest something? I notice that ivy is often used, but I understand that some types of ivy are discouraged. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks very much.

Clackamas County Oregon

You have lots of choices for plants to cover a retaining wall. This article is a good place to start with many choices, including fruits and vegetables, The Best Cascading Plants for a Wall Garden https://gardentabs.com/cascading-plants-wall-garden/. Google "cascading perennials": you'll be amazed by what's available, in all colors and styles. Personally, I don't think English ivy is a good choice - it's just too invasive.

English ivy is considered a noxious weed In Oregon and should not be planted. It gets into our forests and shades out native plants and climbs up trees and eventually kills them.