Leaves turning black

I recently purchased an indoor greenhouse, I'm trying to grow a pepper plant. For some reason, the leaves have begun turning black. I don't believe I'm over-watering it, and I haven't added any fertilizer yet, it is in potting soil. There is good drainage at the bottom of the pot. Here are some pictures, one under the light in the greenhouse, the other outside of the greenhouse. Any idea why the leaves are turning black?

Luna County New Mexico

It sounds like you're checking the usual suspects... watering etc. The soil does seem quite damp though perhaps you watered just before taking the pictures. The soil should dry to the touch on the surface and a bit below before watering... water and drain well and leave until dry again. Is it possible you have a cultivar that has darker leaves? Otherwise it could be a bacterial or viral issue which would not be possible to diagnose from a picture. They look healthy otherwise, so try watering a bit less, keep them evenly warm and see what happens