Seeds

Hi, where do you recommend I buy seeds to start my garden? Looking for brands/species successful for our area, any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Wendy Greene

Deschutes County Oregon

Hi Wendy, many places locally have great seeds to purchase. You can also purchase online. When looking at seeds for purchase check the use date on the package, it should be packaged for use for the season coming up. It's okay to use seed after this but buy fresh seed so you get the best results. Also look for time to maturity. In our area we add 14 days to the maturity date to compensate for our cool nights. I am attaching a link to our vegetable guide. Look it over to determine varieties you might be interested in. The ones in the booklet are ones we have had good success with but it is by no means exhaustive of those the do well here. https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em9128 If you are thinking flower seeds plant them according to the seed packet timing for transplanting after June 6 or so.