Non-baring fruit trees

I have four trees and they are 1 apple, 2 pear, and a peach. I need help because the apple has always been flowering but it goes right before the first frost. And the pear has never gave any it does flower at the right time but it just dies it never gave any fruit. The peach is pretty good but it only gives us 1 or 2 peaches but they are all ways very small. We do not do any thing like fertilizer.we live out in the country so we don't use fertilizer on our lawn. What do we do?

Arkansas

Hello, and thanks for using the Ask an Expert System,

There are a number of factors that are important in success with any fruit tree. The best way to determine the fertility of your soil is to have a soil test done. You can get information on how to get a FREE soil test from The University of Arkansas Extension Service Soil Test Lab. Given your investment of time and money in your trees, a free soil test seems like a bargain.

I also suggest that you read “To Fertilize or Not to Fertilize, and outstanding article on what plants need in the way of fertilizer.

For additional assistance contact your nearest Arkansas Extension County Office