Can you recomend a person who can eradicate a tree of heaven stump?
I need a company or person who is licensed to eradicate a tree of heaven stump which has sent out roots/seeds/sprouts across my property. I am weeding them all but I believe the source of them can be chemically treated - can you help me find the right person?
Multnomah County Oregon
Thank you Seamus I really appreciate your reply and effort! -Jen
We are in luck. Here is the information in the Resource Binder, I have edited it removing non-relevant information. Please understand, as an OSU Master Gardeners we cannot recommend or single out any particular company; we cannot show favoritism.
Guidance for clients looking for a certified arborist.
Many commercial companies employ Certified Arborists. This means that they have passed tests recommended for their industry and have taken part in continuing education to further their knowledge.
- Some companies may charge a fee for an on-site inspection.
- Get at least 3 estimates before selecting a company to do any work.
- Search the internet under Tree Service.
- Then look for statement or logo stating Certified Arborist.
- Check to see if they are licensed and bonded.
- The International Society of Arboriculture has a list of certified arborists. Select “Find an Arborist”, and then follow search instructions.
- Oregon Landscape Contractors Association, 147 SE 102nd, Portland, OR 97216. Skip the first 3 boxes and check arborists, scroll down enter any additional criteria, click Search.
Many landscape companies will grind stumps and/or apply a pesticide (herbicide) to remaining sprouts. Again, make sure the company you decide to hire is certified, licensed, and bonded. I sure hope this information helps you. Good luck and happy gardening.
Thank you Seamus!