Virginia Creeper alternative?

The Japanese Emerald Beetles devastated our Virginia creeper last summer and I’m sure they’ll be back. Can you suggest a fast-growing alternative they leave alone (or at least mostly alone)? Thanks in advance.

Boulder County Colorado

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear about your Virginia Creeper! There are a lot of alternatives that will do well in Colorado landscapes. I've attached some information on different ground covers and vines that might be an option for you. Consider some factors before you choose a plant. How much square footage would you like your plant to cover? Is the area in which you hope to plant dry and hot? Or is it sun to part shade or even completely shaded? Would you like a woody plant like the Virginia Creeper or something that is more herbaceous? For example, a nice wooded ground cover that thrives in similar conditions as the Virginia Creeper is the Parthenocissus tricuspidata (Boston ivy). Feel free to check out the list of plants and find an alternative that will be the best replacement for your creeper.

https://planttalk.colostate.edu/topics/trees-shrubs-vines/1727-vines-colorado/

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you for your quick response. Do you know if the Japanese emerald beetles tend to leave Boston Ivy alone? I know for a fact that they devastate grape vines, for example, in addition to Virginia Creeper, but I don't know about Boston Ivy.

Thanks again.