Container gardening

Do you guys have any advise for novice container gardeners? I don’t normally garden, but I really want to try gardening in containers, especially with this corona virus outbreak. I want to be able to at least try and grow some veggies and hopefully fruit to help out our budget. I have a small patio, that gets lots of afternoon sun (when it’s out). There I a small patio above us that has a little bit of shade. I don’t want to get all crazy with it until I know better. I know nothing of when to plant, what to plant, and so on...... I heard that there was a place here in the area that sold seeds (vegetables) that are specifically for this grow zone, if anyone knows about this, please help! Thank you.

Multnomah County Oregon container gardening

Thank you for your question. Beginning gardening can be intimidating! Having an overview may help, and you can get it through this thorough OSU publication: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em9027 If you need more information, please write back!