Skyrocket Juniper Care

I have 60 Skyrocket Junipers as a privacy hedge that were planted roughly a year ago. They were all between 6-7 feet when they were planted. I have a drip system for watering. I am looking for guidance in terms of fertilizing. I tried doing my own research online but can’t seem to find consistent/reliable answers aside from it should be done in early spring. If you’re able to recommend a specific fertilizer, the optimal NPK ratio and how often to apply it that would be super helpful. Thanks!

Clackamas County Oregon

Thank you for your question. Here is an article about this plant: https://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/database/documents/pdf/tree_fact_sheets/junvirh.pdf

As you can see, you should water it until it is 'established,' typically 2-3 years, and then forget about it. As in nature, you don't have to fertilize it, but applying mulch (away from the stems) will provide organic fertilization as the plant tissue is broken down by soil organisms. Good luck!