White Pine seedlings

Hi, not knowing that I was not supposed to fertilize my young white pine seedlings, I did make that mistake. I have 30 of them that I potted up from barefoot a couple of months ago. I lightly fertilized them a week ago with Osmocote and most of them are turning brown. Is there anything I can do to help them. Thank you! Marni

Kentucky

Can you describe what you mean by lightly fertilizing with Osmocote? Osmocote is usually a slow-release granular fertilizer. It is manufactured to slowly release nutrients over a period of time (from several weeks to months). While fertilizing newly transplanting seedlings would not be optimal, I'm not sure that the osmocote would be causing this damage unless you applied a lot of it. if you are worried about it, you could probably scoop most of it out with a spoon. Too much or not enough moisture could also cause browning.