Starting Pentas from seed

I have planted Pentas from seed inside using Jiffy peat pellets, heat mats and fluorescent lighting. The seed comes from two different seed companies. The seed from Burpees says do not cover seed as it needs the air to germinate while that from Harris says to cover lightly with soil. Which is correct? I planted the seeds this last week hoping I will be able to translplant them and have flowers the beginning of June as directed on the package with some covered and some uncovered. So if covering is correct I can still correct those. Thank you for providing your expertise with us. I have asked questions in the past and have always gotten valued advice promptly.

Stearns County Minnesota

Petunia seeds need light to germinate so Harris seed has given them a light treatment and they can be lightly covered with soil. Burpee says not to cover their seed for the best results.
https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/2010/3-3/petunias.html