Disease on pear tree last year - how to prevent this year

I have an espaliered pear tree with a few different varieties on the same stalk. I don't think I have ever had a pear except for the first year it was planted. Something is going on with the leaves. I am not sure what the problem is, or what to treat with, and could use some advice. I think the photos will speak for themselves. Thanks for any help, Colleen

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question, Colleen. I wonder if you might provide a bit more information about your pear tree. First, are you able to take a photo of the underside of an affected leaf? Second, do you have juniper plants anywhere in the area? I'm trying to determine if your plant has a rust disease (fungus), and it would help to narrow down the possibilities. Thanks!

Another expert has suggested the cause of this is a mite, causing blisters on the leaf. Here is an article on the pest: https://pnwhandbooks.org/insect/tree-fruit/pear/pear-eriophyid-mite

Applying a lime-sulfur spray in the spring and fall, or a superior oil as buds begin to swell, are the only chemical solutions available to homeowners. Hope this helps. Good luck!