disposal of insecticide

Asked March 12, 2020, 7:49 PM EDT

I have a few small bottles of Diazinon and Malathion that I want to get rid of. Is there somewhere I can take them? If not, how can I get rid of them?

Wicomico County Maryland

1 Response

Good morning. I recommend that you contact your county's Solid Waste division and ask if they have a specific collection process for hazardous materials. Some counties hold household hazardous waste collection days -- designated days/times when you can drop off unused insecticides for safe disposal. Here is the page where you can find the phone number for your county's office, http://www.wicomicocounty.org/147/Solid-Waste