Somethings wrong with my bonsai tree

Asked March 7, 2020, 6:06 AM EST

Hello, I’ve recently been gifted a bonsai tree that I love so much. I have zero gardening experience, but I really wanted to take care of my bonsai tree properly. The leaves have been turning yellow and shriveling off, or sometimes black small spots appear on them. There also appears to be a white-ish translucent powder in some of the leaves. I read online that these features characterize a fungal infection, but I have no clue what to do or if I can revive my tree and stop this from progressing?

Outside United States

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer.

If you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://articles.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. You may also look for previous questions and answers in Ask an Expert by entering key words relating to your question.

We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.