Chickween- Till, burn or chemical control

I have been troubled by chick weed in my yard for several years, but now it's in my 50x50 vegetable garden. I have several option to manage it. I have Troy Built tiller I have flame dragon I have an option of applying chemicals What is the most effective way to control it? I have used the flame dragon burner in the past 2 years but it the weeds seems to grow back. I am hesitant to till because I think the roots may spread. I really don't want to use something like Round up or weed-be-gone because it's a vegetable garden. Any suggestions for me? I live in Tyaskin with sandy soil Thanks John

Wicomico County Maryland

Here some ideas. You can tarp it. Lay down some opaque fabric (black plastic, reusable tarp) to smother the weeds. This may take several weeks.

Or you can try the flame weeder. Once the weeds are gone you will have to have a plan for weed control. Spread organic mulches around your crops to prevent weed growth, moderate soil temperature, conserve soil moisture, and add organic matter to the soil when they rot.
(Examples: 2 to 4 inches of grass clippings, finished compost, or newspaper covered with straw or shredded leaves.) You can also use landscape fabric. Here is more on weed control.
https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/caring-your-garden

Marian

Thank you. I used the torch dragon. I did two passes about a week apart. Cleaner and safer that chemicals.

i expect I’ll have to repeat it but it’s easier to burn spots when they come up that to physically weed them. Just we aware if the wind.

After burning. About $12 worth of propane and 2 hours of work.