Lemon tree issues

Asked February 17, 2020, 11:45 AM EST

Lemon tree developed leaf curl with yellowish brown spots. It doesn't appear to have insects on it. What is happening? The plant winters indoors and is outdoors throughout the summer.

Wayne County Michigan

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.
It is difficult to make a diagnosis based on the information you provided.
I would hazard a guess that the problems could be due to irregular watering or overwatering.

I have grown Meyer Lemons indoor several times. Their fragrance is wonderful and so is the fruit. They are however very particular when it comes to watering. If you let them dry out and then begin to water thoroughly and perhaps overwater the leaves drop. I left a beautiful tree in the care of my husband and he forgot to water it and then did so realizing he'd forgot (and I was coming home). All the leaves fell off.

Check your watering first. Water thoroughly allowing water to run out the bottom of the pot. The shower is a great place to do this.If you've had the plant for awhile it might be time for a spring repotting. It is difficult to keep this plant happy indoors during Michigan winters unless you have a greenhouse. Still it's fun to try.

Here is a link that I think you will helpful.
https://www.gardenista.com/posts/5-secrets-tips-grow-indoor-lemon-tree/