Flowering tree for Wayne Co.
Had a damaged Cleveland pear tree removed including the trunk. Need a replacement flowering tree. Is a dogwood suitable? Can it go in the same place? Already have a Serviceberry. Any other recommendations?
Wayne County Michigan
- Eastern Redbud, Cercis candensis (several cultivars)
- Fringetree, Chionanthus virginicus or Chionanthus retusus
- Pagoda dogood, Cornus alternifolia
- Kousa dogwood, Cornus kousa
- Seven-son Flower, Heptacodium miconoides
- Little Girl Magnolia (Magnolia soulangeana x M stellate) –Jane, Ann, Betty, July, Pinkie, Randy, Ricki, Susan
- Flowering crabapple, Malus spp.
- Japanese Tree Lilac, Syringa reticulata