Kentucky Cottage Food Program

Asked January 24, 2020, 9:12 PM EST

I am considering making jams and jellies from home. I'm not sure where to start. I understand that as a home based processor I would need to go through a licensing/training session. I'm not sure where I would go to do that. I believe I qualify for the Cottage Food Program as I grow my own produce - I have around 300 grapevines. If you can direct me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Marshall County Kentucky

1 Response

You can find a lot of information on the KY Farmers Market Manual :

Also, here is information on home based processor workshops:

Hope this helps.