I am just wondering, is OSU doing any studies/research on biochar? If so, do...

I am just wondering, is OSU doing any studies/research on biochar? If so, do you have any data/documentation published on it? I am very interested in this subject and was wondering what is currently going on in the biochar research world. Have read up a bit on the USDA-ARS Biochar & Pyrolysis Initiative - is OSU involved in that at all? Thanks

Franklin County Ohio

I am not aware of anyone working on this at OSU, but I will do some checking. Please contact me by email to follow up. Thanks!

Thanks. I would love to hear anything you find out. I have started making my own biochar, in limited amounts, and had a bumper crop of sweet peppers last year. Did not use scientific method though, so can only assume it was the biochar. But if this stuff is as good as I have read it is, then I think it would be a great opportunity for OSU to do more research on. I and a friend on garden.org have been discussing it - we both live in central Ohio - and would both love to learn more about any current research on the subject - especially in Ohio.