Spider Ball Python skin patches

Asked January 3, 2020, 8:01 AM EST

I have had my Spider for 8 years. She always sheds in one piece, but did not during this last shed which was in lots of bits and pieces and there was one piece she struggled to get off. I think it might have been because I had not adjusted her humidity enough. I cannot currently handle her as she are last night and the night before. But I can see these 0.5 - 1cm circular patches of discolouration on her skin, maybe 5 of them in total and one 2cm long patch. In the photo you can see a small circular one to the left and a long 2cm one towards the middle. I think it may be due to poor shedding conditions, but want to be sure that is all it it. She is otherwise healthy and active, she is not hibernating yet.

Minnesota

I am sorry, but Farm Info Line does not have any expertise with snakes. Have you considered calling a veterinarian?