Turkey hens sitting on eggs

Asked December 11, 2019, 11:07 AM EST

I had 2 juvenile hens sent for my tom. After a few weeks, the royal palm began sitting on her nest of seven eggs. Then, one morning 2 days later, 8 eggs, now 9 eggs. I am not sure if it is the other hen sneaking in and laying an egg (slightly less speckling) but the situation is that I need to leave door open so the royal palm can come and go on pasture. I have a box right next to royal palm's nest for the slate but no action there....I started marking the eggs and hope hatching doesn't linger forever, but this hen is a pretty good sitter.....any ideas of what to do? thanks!

Kauai County Hawaii poultry

The second hen is probably laying into the nest. These eggs should be removed as the setting hen may not be able to cover all the eggs as the numbers of eggs increase. New eggs will not have time to hatch because the hen will leave the nest about 24 to 36 hours after the original poults begin to hatch.