Bug bites at night

Asked December 11, 2019, 7:35 AM EST

A month ago I went through nights of bug bites (about 10 bites in total by the third night). I’d wake up around 3am with an itchy bump/s, so on the third night I stripped my entire bed and washed all my sheets in hot water. I inspected the area and mattress each night and couldn’t find any signs of bed bugs. I had an inspection from a bed bug exterminator about 2 days later (in that time I had no new bites). He couldn’t find anything but gave me sticky traps. He said to leave them around me and the edges of my bed for 10 days, if I had nothing in the traps and no new bites then it wasn’t bed bugs. After 11 days of sleeping with the traps I got rid of them thinking I was pest free and maybe it was a spider. Fast forward to 3 weeks later and I woke up about 2 am with a single bug bite on my leg. I have no idea what to do, it’s winter so I know it can’t be a mosquito just living in my room. I have my pets sleep with me but they aren’t itchy and my roommate isn’t getting any bites.

Washoe County Nevada

Thank you for your question. The assigned expert has been unavailable. I suggest you contact your county Extension office directly for advice. Here is their webpage: https://extension.unr.edu/washoe.aspx Good luck!