Livestock carcas disposal

Hello. This is not a rush right now, but inevitably I will need to dispose of an @ 125-pound dead sheep. Butchering at this older age (the sheep is 2.5 years old) is not desirable. I only have a few sheep and I haven't dealt with this before. Trying to anticipate the eventual time I will need to dispose of a carcass. I live near Turner, OR. Thank you.

Marion County Oregon sheep

On farm burial is common and counties vary as to regulations such as depth, distance from water sources, etc. County sanitation departments such as the county sanitarian (not every county has this position) should be able to give you the rules for on farm disposal.

On 2 animal rendering companies are left in the state as far as I know. This is a business which has diminished greatly in the past 10 years. I am not aware that either one takes sheep due to the scrapie issue.