Shriveling Morning Glory Flowers

Alright, about 6 or so months ago I got a packet of morning glory seeds, and up until recently they've been growing perfectly fine (I have them indoors). However, now that I'm starting to get flowers to bloom, right when they're about to open up, the petals instead seem to bind together, shrivel up and die. The vines are doing extremely well, I water them about once a week, and I cannot pin point a problem. At first I thought it was because I turned on an oil diffuser in the same room as them, however it's been turned off for about a week now, so I don't really see that being an issue. The flowers grow absolutely fine until they're just about to open up. I'm just confused on how to fix this problem because I can't seem to find anything online.

York County Pennsylvania morning glories

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is little research on this issue, because they are almost universally grown as an outdoor annual, not a houseplant. I suspect the problem is too little light, since they need full sun. Although yours appear to be in a window, the coatings on modern windows keep out ultraviolet and infrared light, both of which are critical parts of the light spectrum for plant growth. You'll either need a grow lamp, or to let them die off this winter, save seeds or buy new ones to plant again next year. Outside, using directions found here: http://www.gardening.cornell.edu/homegardening/scene7b64.html

Good luck!