Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity

Hello, I am the Community Engagement Specialist for Habitat for Humanity Grand Traverse Region and I'm seeking to fill up our volunteer calendar for 2020. I'm curious to know if the MSU Extension has available members to volunteer with us at a build site? We will be building a home in Williamsburg in the spring. Our volunteer dates are typically Thursdays and Saturdays at a build site, from 9am-2pm. Build teams typically consist of 4-6 volunteers, so it isn't a large group, but the volunteer team will learn valuable building skills with us in a comfortable and relaxed environment. I was also curious to know if you have connections to help me seek out other volunteers for the 2020 year? Thank you for your time and I appreciate any assistance you may have for me. Warmest Regards, Lisa Six Habitat for Humanity GTR 231-941-4663 ex. 128

Grand Traverse County Michigan

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out. MSU Extension volunteers typically have projects specific to the areas of interest that they are pursuing but may on occasion work in partnership with others on community service projects. We would not be placing volunteers with another organization for projects such as this.

Thank you

Jennifer