Pumpkin Problems.

I collect strange squash and pumpkin-like plants. But due to moving to a new area I'm having to adjust my methods a bit. This last season something ate the vines clean off the plants of a new blue winter squash I'm trying out and never got a single matured squash off any the twelve I planted. Thing is, this area is full of avid hunters that keep deer well away from peoples gardens and I scoured every inch of the field looking for dens and burrows of rabbits and groundhogs. And those teeth marks couldn't have been from any insect I'd want to meet in a dark alley. So my question is this: what ate the vines, and furthermore, why did it leave -every- blossom untouched?

Kentucky horticulture kentucky cooperative extension

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Horticulture or Agriculture Agent in the County where your plants are grown. The Agent will have questions for you. I have included the contact information below.

http://extension.ca.uky.edu/county