Polk County Assistance Needed to Identify Plant

There is a pretty plant that has been growing in my yard for 2-3 years and I have no idea what it is. It may be a young tree or shrub..or perhaps a perennial of some type. I have trimmed it completely down to the earth in prior years and it always seems to return. The stem is red and strong for a plant, the leaves are rounded - somewhat like a ginkgo leaf and their color is truly their beauty: reddish orange. I know that the ginkgo's I've seen in autumn have yellow leaves, so I guess its not related. Do you have any idea with my weak description - what this may be ? Do I need to send you a photo of it or trim off a leaf and mail it to you in order to properly identify what it is ? Thank you very much for any help you can provide, Amy Albrich

Polk County Oregon plant identification

Thank you for your question, Amy. I am certain your description is perfect, but, yes, we do need either a photo or a plant exam. Photos of the entire plant, leaves and branches (so we can see how leaves attach) are most helpful. Either you can take photos and attach them to a reply, or take photos and/or leaves into the Extension office: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/polk Good luck!