New Sod filled with Weeds

Asked November 11, 2019, 8:45 AM EST

Hello, this is my first time living in a house (new construction) with sod. I believed we were doing all right things by watering daily and pulling weeds. However, my yard is now overcome with weeds. We haven’t even lived in the house 3 months, and I’m wondering if I should contact the builder? Or should I start from scratch? Can what’s there be revived? See attached. HELP!

Jefferson County Kentucky

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for the delay in getting you a response. Before you decide on a course of action (and there's not too much you can do at this time of the year anyway), you need to have the weed(s) identified. I am unable to do that with the photos you've attached. I suggest you contact your county Extension office, to see when you could bring in some samples. They can't recommend any control options until and unless they know what you're dealing with. Here is their webpage with contact information: https://jefferson.ca.uky.edu/
Good luck!