Identify biting insect found in home

Hello, I am being bit by an insect in my house. I have not been able to identify the insect, and I have had trouble capturing it. It seems to fly. The bites turn into red marks on my skin. I have had two visits from the same exterminator. After each visit the bites decrease, but they don't go away completely. At the height of the issue I was almost being bit constantly in the house. After an exterminator visit it drops to as low as three bites per day. I was able to capture one crushed/flattened specimen and image it under a microscope with magnification 5x and 10x. I am attaching the pictures. I still have the specimen. Are you able to help me identify this insect please? I have a relative that lives in Greenbelt MD and can hand deliver the specimen if needed.

Montgomery County Pennsylvania

The object in the photos is not an insect, but rather looks like dried blood or a scab or something else that was produced by the body.