Sun requirements for a Boxwood

Hello. I live in Albany and recently purchased several small Boxwoods. I would like to plant them about 30 inches in front of my home as a low hedge. I have two questions: my home faces essentially north. Will they get enough sunlight on the north side when situated so close to the house? Also, how far from the home should they be planted? Is 30 inches enough space? How about 24 (that would save me having to tear out some grass). I attached a photo of the tag but paid a fraction of that price on a late fall sale. Thank you.

Linn County Oregon trees and shrubs

Thank you for your question. Here is a good explanation of your plant and its requirements: https://plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/buxus-sempervirens-suffruticosa/ Since it has shallow roots, you don’t need to worry about foundation invasion, but planting it further from the house will allow for better airflow around the plant, more light, and an extension out from eaves, which curtail water flow to the roots. Good luck!