Pacific Tree Frogs on Oregon Coast near Waldport

I have lived on the Alsea Bay near some large AG lands for 22 years. For all those years the Pacific Tree Frog has given us their great evening and morning chorus. This year (2019) we have have NO frogs singing and it is so much later than usual. Any ideas on this?

Lincoln County Oregon

Thank you for your question.

I can only guess, as there is no way to have enough information about the habitat and what changes could have occurred unless I was on site monitoring for the past few years. Their populations are doing fine as far as amphibians go.

I suppose it is possible that their main breeding site was changed or destroyed. They are highly adaptable but may have moved to a new location that is farther away.

It is possible that the breeding site dried up quickly in previous years and that reduced the 2019 population.

It is possible that due to weather the duration of their breeding was condensed and you simply "missed all the excitement".

I suspect that come February, you will start hearing them again.