Weeds

I live in dade county Florida I can't control the weeds in my st Augustine palmetto turfgrass , can you give me some advice please

Miami-Dade County Florida lawns and turf

Thanks for your question.

I hate to pass you on to some one else but you will be better off getting advice from your local extension office. We can't grow St Augustine where I am, so the advice you would get from them will be more relevant and useful. Also since pesticide laws vary state to state, I couldn't give you any pesticide recommendations. That said, I find the root cause of a lot of lawn issues are cultural practices. Sometimes by adjusting something as simple as mow height can make a big difference.

The Miami-Dade office (dade@ifas.ufl.edu or 305-248-3311) should be better able to give you advice appropriate for your area. They will want to more about the conditions in the yard (mowing height, pH, when/how much fertilizer, what weeds, etc.).

Cheers,

Thomas