Leyland Cyprus Dying - Follow up questions

I carefully read the June 21, 2019, Question and Response. I live just outside Jacksonville and have taken your courses. My trees look like the picture w/ the June 21 article. I Planted my Leyland, Cyprus 10 years ago in certain locations spaced near other conifers. I consider them "specimen trees" worth saving. I have removed dead broken branches tips that I could reach;I find sap draining where many branches attach to the trunk, I do not see little Bark Beetle holes; suspect Seiridium Canker? I irrigate these trees daily when TID water is available. I selectively and supplementally water them during dry spells. Will a cold moist winter help them? I researched this issue in other states -- there are mixed opinions as to whether chemically treating these beautiful trees will help. Can you recommend systemic fungicide/insecticide chemicals that can be purchase in the Rogue Valley? Phil

Jackson County Oregon

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I am not easily finding the article to which you are referring. In addition, it would help quite a bit to have multiple, detailed, high quality photos of your Leyland Cypress.

If you are able, I recommend you drop by the Plant Clinic at the local OSU Extension office, address 569 Hanley Road, Central Point, OR. Please bring photos in addition to large samples of healthy and unhealthy tissue. The Plant Clinic is open M, Tu, Th, & F from 10 am to 2 pm until Oct 31. From Nov 1 onward, the Plant Clinic will be open on Tu & Th from 10 am to 2 pm.

Thank you,