Groundcover to Replace Grass Between Street & Sidewalk

I'm looking for a ground cover to replace the grass between the sidewalk and the street at my home in Bowling Green. It's a townhouse on a corner lot. The side gets full sun most of the day and the front gets a lot of shade. The side is about 110' by 6' with three red maples & the front is about 40' by 6' with one oak that has long narrow leaves. The front slopes toward the street with about a 2' drop from the sidewalk to the street. I can't grow tall fescue without a lot of irrigation. The mowing company hired by the HOA blames the trees on robbing the grass of all the water. I'm looking for a ground cover that would look nice year round, not need irrigation and would require very little maintenance. Maybe occasional mowing. It would need to be able to withstand a very small amount of foot traffic. I've seen in other areas of the country where a native grass would meet most of this criteria. Is there anything that would meet those criteria for our part of the country in Bowling Green, Kentucky?

Warren County Kentucky

Here is a publication about Ground covers that are good for KY. It breaks them into categories that fit your needs and then you can narrow it down to your personal preference.https://simpson.ca.uky.edu/files/ground_covers_for_ky_landscapes.pdf