What variety or varieties of flowering crab tree fits these specs? Disease...
What variety or varieties of flowering crab tree fits these specs? Disease (or as disease-resistant) as possible Suitable for Cincinnati climate/weather conditions 15-20 feet tall Blooms April-May
Hamilton County Ohio
Regretfully, there is no one PERFECT flowering crab tree. But there are some great choices. I would suggest you check out the following references:
Also, I always recommend going to a reputable landscape nursery and asking them.
FYI, the head landscaper at Ohio University recommends the following varieties in general.
1 Royal Raindrops (20 by 15’ wide)
2. Purple Prince; excellent disease resistance
3. Showtime (22 x 20). Good disease resistance except for scab
4. Zumi calocarpa (a little wide at 20 x 24’ but excellent disease resistance
5. Adams ; great disease resistance
6. Prairiefire (great disease resistance)
7. Snowdrift; white
8. Bobwhite; white
9. Spring Snow; white
10. Sugartyme (18 x 15’)