Wild Yeasts commonly found on Mahonia in Corvallis

Hi, I live in Benton County and captured a wild yeast from the white "must" on berries from a low-growing Oregon Grape shrub. Can you tell me which yeasts and bacteria are commonly found in the white, powdery substance on Oregon Grapes in Corvallis?

Benton County Oregon

Hi,

Interesting question, can you let me know a little more about your inquiry so I can direct your question to someone who can best assist you?

Are you a gardener seeking to learn if this is a problem for your plants?

Are you possibly a homebrewer or food preserver wondering about how this bloom might affect your recipe?

Thanks in advance for any details you can provide.

I am a home brewer. I realize without testing my sample I may not know exactly what's on these particular ones but I thought knowing what has been found on other Oregon Grape in Corvallis may still be of interest to me in terms of knowing the possibilities. Whatever it is it smells fine and appears healthy as it bubbles away in some local honey, which I also realize probably has its own yeasts and bacteria.

Thanks for the additional information, I forwarded your question to someone who knows about the microbiology of foods and wines. We'll see what they have to say. Sounds like an interesting project, good luck!