Best herbiside to use for Fall reseeding

What is the Best herbiside to use in killing weeds for Fall reseeding that will not prevent germination of my grass seed?

Hardin County Kentucky

If you already have broad leaf weeds in your turf, you can remove them with a product containing 2,4-D. You will need to plant your grass seed and use a preemergent herbicide before April 1 to prevent annual grassy weeds. BUT, having a thick, dense turf is always a deterrent for weeds.

Do I then have to wait until Spring if I sprayed for weeds in the fall to sow grass seed on my lawn? If not what is the waiting period noting freeze warnings?

No, You have to wait until spring because there is a heavy freeze coming that will kill newly sprouted seedlings. Sow your grass seed between mid-February and mid-March 2020. The herbicide that I recommended will not stay in the soil to prevent germination. READ the LABEL for the specifics for the herbicide that you used.