Mushroom Identification

Asked October 16, 2019, 11:19 AM EDT

My husband found these mushrooms growing in our back pasture - probably from the wet fall we've had so far. They are about 5" across and quite pretty. We're not sure if they're poisonous or edible. Since they are rather definitive looking, hoping you might be able to identify them. Thanks, Sherrie Wieland

Douglas County Oregon

1 Response

These are the poisonous Fly Agaric, Amanita muscaria. Don't eat them, though their red color can be pretty.