Help!!!

I have a photoshoot with two snakes soon. One is a constrictor and the other a python. However, my period came down. Is it ok to still do the photoshoot. I’ve been googling for answers but haven’t found anything yet.

St. Charles Parish Louisiana snake handling

Thank you for your question. There shouldn't be a problem with your photo shoot. Although snakes can detect the odor from menstruation, it generally does not affect them. For your information, it is not recommended that you handle male iguanas during this time, as they can become aggressive.

You didn't mention the size of the snakes you will be working with on your shoot. Large constrictors can be dangerous due to their strength. If you are working with large snakes, I recommend that you bring someone along who is familiar with working with them, just in case you need an extra set of hands to help you handle them in case of an emergency.

I hope this information helps, and thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.

Jim