Liriope browned by drought

Usually, the large bed of liriope at our community sign looks good until Jan/Feb. But the drought has made it look yellow and awful now. I finally watered it two weeks ago, but it made no difference. The outer leaves are yellow. When I look closer, I see that it is green below the yellow. So, what can we do now (Oct 13, 2019)? Usually we cut it back by mid March to a low level (3 or 4 inches from the ground). Should I do that now or just cut it back enough to look better and wait until mid March to cut it back to 3 or 4 inches from the ground? Thank you,

Anne Arundel County Maryland liriope groundcover

Many plants are drought stressed and going dormant. It would be okay to cut the plants back now so they look better. You can then wait until mid March to cut it back 3-4 inches from the ground. Keep the plants watered during dry periods going into the winter. Make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and away from the base of the foliage.

Marian